ads

Responsive Ads Here

Thursday 26 July 2018

A sudden Twist

Insert 1

Nokwazi Khwela
.
I am running late as usual, walking through the busy streets of Durban on
this very cold Monday morning. I so hate cold weathers, well i hate
working on cold days. I finally arrive at work and lucky for me my boss is
not here yet.
I work at a law firm as aa secretary, more like a personal assistant and
my boss is quite handsome but arrogant. It must be his profession plus
he has a very rude girlfriend. I am 23 years old by the way and i am
single. I share a flat with my high school best friend Xolile who works at a
clothing store as a manager.
My mom lives at Umlazi with my younger brother. She’s a hotel manager
and she has worked there for over 25 years. The issue about my father is
a no go area as she never wants to speak about him ever.
So back to me being single, i have had boyfriends but we’d break up as
soon as they want sex so in other words i am a virgin and very proud.
Xolile thinks i am being overly dramatic.
So i am at the office, i have already started working on the reports that
were left on my desk over the weekend. Mr Nqubeko Msomi must have
been working that’s my boss’s name by the way. He walks in to his office,
doesn’t even greet. I groan loudly and i follow him with his freshly brewed
cup of coffee.
I find him standing by his desk looking through his mail. I place the coffee
on his table and take out the diary tucked under my arm. He reads some
mail while drinking hiss coffee, totally ignoring that i am there. He does
that all the time so i am just used to it.
I stand there for what seems like forever and the finally he looks at me.
His eyes roam around my body and i must say; i have a body to die for. I
am medium height and light skinned. I have one dimple on my left side, i
have a round big butt, 36 waist 32 top. Today i am wearing a custom
made off shoulder black dress with navy strappy heals. I have a bob
weave and a touch of make up: I am gorgeous!
After some time he sits and opens his laptop, see the bullshit i have to
put up with everyday? Nxh but i need this job. We need to get Sanele
through university so o suck it up. He goes through his emails and coffee
and i just stand here. After some time he looks at me with a raised brow i
return it and he smirks.
Nqubeko: “ How does my day look like?”
Me: “ You have a conference call in an hour with Haziyard.”
Nqubeko: “ After that?”
Me: “ You have golf with Mr Ngwenya and that’s it” he frowned.
Nqubeko: “ Why does my day seem so short?”
Me: “ The conference call is 4 hours after that it’s your lunch with Miss
Nozulu after that lunch it’s the golf”
Nqubeko: “ Why didn’t you tell me about the lunch?”
Me: “ You always tell me that i shouldn’t remind you of your lunches
because you are always together”
Nqubeko: “ Yeah yeah. You look good by the way”
Me: “ I always look good big guy” he chuckles and i leave his office
strutting my big behind and i know he is looking.
I sit at the desk and start typing and making calls. Minutes later my phone
desk rings, its my boss.
Me: “ Sir?” he groans.
Nqubeko: “ Please come to my office”
Me: “ Yes sir” i hand up and fix myself and walk back in.
Nqubeko: “ Sit” i sit.
Me: “ How can i help you sir?”
Nqubeko: “ I need you to organise a dress for Carol and a suit for me. We
have a party to attend tomorrow”
Me: “ Which colour would you prefer?”
Nqubeko: “ Grey” i nodded.
Me: “ Anything else?”
Nqubeko: “ Book us in Hilton. I might just propose”
Me: “ Oh that’s nice. Anything else?” he raised his brow and chuckled.
Nqubeko: “ I ain’t getting any younger Miss Khwela”
Me: “ That isn’t my business.”
He looked deep in my eyes and i shifted uncomfortably
Nqubeko: “ Okay so my brother is coming in later and please don’t chit
chat. Do your work and don’t mind him.”
Me: “ Yes sir, anything else?”
Nqubeko: “ what is your problem?”
Me: “ I am staying on my lane like you told me last Friday. Is there
anything else?” he shook hiss head and i got up walked out of his office.

No comments:

Post a Comment