ads

Responsive Ads Here

Thursday 26 July 2018

A Sudden Twiat 18 & 19

Insert 18

Nokwazi
The following days were okay. My bruises were healing and i was getting
out the following day. Today is Friday and its so warm inside here. I have
been complaining about the cold that they made my room super warm. I
had a cast on my arm and i could walk now.
It wasn’t as bad. I woke up and took a bath. I went to my ward and found
the caterers setting up my breakfast. I wore another clean set of pyjamas.
Nqubeko went overboard with those. I had about 10 sets and he said he’ll
buy more is i need them. I settled for a peach onesie and fluffy white
socks. I sat on a chair next to the bed as i was tired of being in bed the
whole day.
After the breakfast set up the left. There was a rose on the tray “ You are
beautiful. I love you” even though Nqubeko has been keeping his
distance he also has been amazingly romantic. He always checks on me
but gives me kisses on the cheek.
I haven’t given him his answer yet. I will give it tomorrow when we leave
the hospital. I love him and i want to spend my life with him.
I ate my breakfast and after that i went for a walk. I got out the hospital
and sat by the entrance. I could see Gateway a minute away. I wanted to
go but the attire didn’t allow me. I looked up and saw Nqubeko standing
in front of me with hands in his pockets.
Nqubeko: “ Morning” he looked down at me with blood shot eyes i stood
up quickly and tried to touch his arm but he backed away.
Me: “ Nqubeko; what’s going on?” he shook his head countless times.
Nqubeko: “ I’m fine. Why are you out here?” that hurt that he was
avoiding my question. He was pushing me away just like i did and that
hurt like hell.
Me: “ Why won’t you talk to me?” he chuckled before sitting next to me.
His hands were on his face and he kept doing breathing exercise.
Nqubeko: “ I’m fine really” he gave a faint smile.
Me: “ If you don’t talk to me you might as well leave” he chuckled and
stood up. He started walking away i went to him.
Me: “ Stop! Please stop! Tell me what’s wrong. Nqubeko please; i beg
you please tell me” his shoulders shook and i just knew that he was
crying.
Nqubeko: “ I have no one” he whispered that i almost didn’t hear him. I
took his hand and we headed back inside my ward. I got in the ward and
closed the door after asking not to be disturbed. I got in bed and made
space for him to sit.
Me: “ Talk to me my love” he pulled me to his chest and sighed deeply
before he started to speak....
Nqubeko
Today its Thursday and i plan on going to see my brother. I have been
putting it off for a while now so i think its time because he has been
asking for me. Xoli begged me to go. She is on his side and so is
Nokwazi. I woke up and went for a jog. I ran so much that i found myself
in La Lucia. I chuckled and walked back home. It took me almost 2 hours
to get there. I got home and mah Londi just got home from work. She
was having breakfast with Thuli.
Me: “ Morning” i greeted and went to the fridge. I took out milk and drank
from its container. I felt a slap on the back of my head that i chocked
coughing
Miss K: “ Sies man Nqubeko. Sies” she walked out of the kitchen and i
laughed.
Me: “ When is she moving to her house again?” Thuli just laughed.
Miss K: “ I heard that you moron!” i went to sit down and dished up for
myself. Siphe was safely strapped in his supportive chair. I enjoyed my
breakfast and i even had seconds. After that i went to take a shower. I
stepped out the shower and went to look for clothes to wear.
It was the damn festive season and i spent the New Year in my bedroom
which was 2 days ago. Sanele was probably locked up in his bedroom
with Denise. Those 2. I settled for Knee length shorts, maroon sneakers
and a black t-shirt.
I took my car keys and went to the nursery. Thuli was getting ready to put
Siphe to sleep i offered to do it. I took him and sat on his rocking chair. I
gave him the bottle which was filled with his mom’s breast milk. He
sucked on it as his eyelids started to close. I rocked him until he sighed;
that’s when i put him to bed because he was now deep in sleep.
I got out his room and went to check on Sanele. I knocked in his room
and he opened wearing sweatpants and socks only. I tried peeping in but
he stepped out and closed the door.
Me: “ What or who are you hiding in there?” he chuckled rubbing his
head.
Sanele: “ I’m not hiding anything or anyone” i smiled
Me: “ Don’t get her pregnant” his eyes widened.
Sanele: “ I swear we’re not doing anything. We just...” i raised my
eyebrows and waited for him to finish.
Me: “ You’re just what?” he shook his head looking down.
Sanele: “ Nothing” i chuckled.
Me: “ I had sex when i was 12 my man. So don’t feel embarrassed” his
eyes shot up. I was in stitches.
Sanele: “ We’re really not doing anything” i gave him a pat on his
shoulder before walking away
Me: “ At least tongue her dude” i said walking away.
Sanele: “ Already did” i heard the door close as i turned around. He was
no longer there. I smiled and walked to the garage. I decided on taking
the vrrr phaa today. After seeing Nqoba i was going to go Kwa Mashu to
see my mates; hence the outfit.
I drove to town, he was being kept at CR Swat. He is supposed to be in
jail right now but i asked a few favours from people that need to return
favours to me. I got there and i was placed in the interrogations room.
The door opened minutes later and he walked in.
He looked so awful and thin. He had lost so much weight plus the facial
hair was just too much. Nqoba is bald so seeing him with hair made him
look ugly. At least he had decent clothing which i think Xoli is responsible
for.
Me: “ Man you look like a hobo” i said as soon as he sat down. He gave
me a faint smile before looking down. Tears gushed down his cheeks and
i leaned forward.
Me: “ Not yet bro. No tears just yet. You need to explain to me. Why?” i
asked looking at him. I felt the anger rise.
Nqoba: “ I stopped taking my pills. When i found out about my paternity i
guess that’s when i lost it. I went as far as cheating on Xoli. I had sex with
2 women in front of her. That’s when i knew i had a problem” he sobbed.
Me: “ Why were you at my house that day?”
Nqoba: “ I was..” i cut him off.
Me: “ Look at me you piece of shit” he looked up at me and he looked so
broken.
Nqoba: “ I am sorry Nqubeko. I went to your house to look for Xoli. When
i got there Kwazi was in the shower and i was panicking. My heart was
telling me to leave but my head said i should go for it. I wasn’t thinking
straight. I don’t even like Kwazi that way. I remember i even said that she
was supposed to be mine but i didn’t mean it. I didn’t mean it at all
because i love my Xoli and i only see Kwazi as a sister. Nqubeko i need
help” he was breathing hard and fast.
Me: “ What do you mean?” i leaned back on a chair.
Nqoba: “ I need to go back to the facility and..” i shook my head.
Me: “ You need to be surrounded by family dude. You can’t just leave.
You have..” he also cut me off.
Nqoba: “ I’ll be back before Xoli gives birth. I spoke to Kwazi and she is
having me released as soon as she gets discharge. Will go to the facility
straight from here”
Me: “ You hurt me Nqobani. You should have came to me but instead you
chose to hurt me. You chose to hurt your family. Look at how things are
right now. I have been so angry at you; ready to cut you off but Nokwazi
and Xoli begged me to come see you. Seeing you like this hurts me
because i promised mom that i would take care of you. I am so
disappointed in you baby bro” he was shaking his head this whole time.
Nqoba: “ That is why i have to go. I have to get my act together and come
back. I’ll be good i promise” he said that with tears running down his
cheeks i also cried. I held his hand over the table.
Me: “ You’ll be okay” he sobbed yet again.
Nqoba: “ I am not your brother Nqubeko. Mom was raped and i am a
curse to society. I am so sorry Nqubeko. I wish mom was here i would
also apologise to her”
Me: “ It’s not your fault. He took advantage of mom. Dad loves you. You
are his son.”
Nqoba: “ He came to see me. He is the one who will book me in.”
Me: “ You see, your family loves you”
Officer: “ Times up” i looked at this ass.
Me: “ Voetsek wena! I fuckin pay your bosses boss. Fuck out of here”
Nqoba chuckled.
Nqoba: “ I am usually the one who says that. Bro i will see you in 7
months”
Me: “ I’ll come visit you” he shook his head no.
Nqoba: “ I’d rather you didn’t. Take care of your family. I love you” he
stood up and headed to the door.
Me: “ We are not done talking” he gave me a faint smile before walking
out. I sat there and i let the tears fall. After crying like a bitch i walked out
and drove home. I didn’t even go to Umlazi. I wanted to see dad.
I got there and he was with Naledi. She was so beautiful. I took her and
we walked outside.
Me: “ Hey dad. How are you?” i kissed Ledi and she giggled.
Dad: “ Son, how are you?” he looked troubled
Me: “ I asked you first but I’m fine. I just came back from visiting Nqoba
and he told me you will book him in” he nodded.
Dad: “ That’s correct and i will also go to New York afterwards” i looked at
him waiting for further explanation but he just kept quiet
Me: “ You are going on business?” he shook his head.
Dad: “ Actually i wanted to talk to you about that. You remember we
spoke of a merger” i nodded.
Me: “ Yes i remember but you changed your mind because you thought i
would screw up your business” he chuckled.
Dad: “ Yeah well you were still a boy then but now you’re grown up my
boy. You’re a man and i couldn’t be more proud of you” he looked down
smiling.
Me: “ Dad what’s going on?” i went to sit next to him.
Dad: “ Nothing son. I want that merger to happen. I will be leaving in a
few weeks”
Me: “ When are you coming back?” i inched closer to him.
Dad: “ Take care of my son Nqubeko. When he comes back make sure
that he is taken care of. I love you both so much. Well i love the 3 of you
very much. You, Nqoba and Ledi mean the world to me. Take care of
Nqobani.”
Me: “ You’re scaring me Dad. When will come back”
Dad: “ I’m not. Ledi and i are moving there permanently” he said that and
walked back into the house leaving me shocked and confused.
Insert 19
Nokwazi
The following day i got out of hospital. Nqubeko came to fetch me. He
really was heart broken about his family leaving him but i assured him
that Nqobani was going to come back and they would pick up the pieces
together. We went past CR to have Nqoba released and he left for the
facility straight from the police station.
It broke my heart to see Nqubeko suffer that way but there was nothing i
could do to convince his father and brother to stay. They both had
reasons that made them want to leave and the best that i could do was to
be there for Nqubeko.
We drove home in silence from the hospital. I looked at him and he
looked pissed. I decided not to even ask him. Wee got home and he took
the bags inside leaving me in the car. I sighed and opened the door. He
appeared again and lifted me up causing me to giggle. That put a smile
on his face.
Me: “ I can walk hey” i said leaning my head on his shoulder.
Nqubeko: “ I know. You just feel good in my arms” i blushed.
Me: “ Well I’m glad i still mean something to you. You won’t even look at
me” he kept quiet and walked to our bedroom. He got in and laid me
down. He went to close the door; he came took off my shoes and tucked
me in. He sat on the edge of the bed and looked at me.
Nqubeko: “ You’re okay with being here; in our bedroom?” he looked
worried.
Me: “ Why wouldn’t i be okay?” i knew where he was going with this but i
seriously was okay. I didn’t mind being here.
Nqubeko: “ This room holds bad memories for you” i shook my head no.
Me: “ No; I’m okay. I promise. Stop worrying” he nodded tightening his
jaws.
Nqubeko: “ You need anything?” his eyes were roaming around my face.
Me: “ Can i go sit outside please?” he frowned shaking his head.
Nqubeko: “ It’s raining babe. I can’t have you go outside” i let out a deep
breath that i didn’t know i was holding. He raised his brow.
Me: “ I never thought I’d hear you call me babe again” he chuckled.
Nqubeko: “ I’ve been having not so great thoughts. It just feels like the
world is on my shoulders”
Me: “ Hey. I’m here for you; with you. I promise babe.” He smiled and
looked on the floor.
Nqubeko: “ I wish mom was here. This is really too much for me to deal
with” i scooped closer to him and laid my head in his shoulder
Me: “ Your shoulders are wide enough for you to carry this burden. You
are strong Nqubeko. If it gets very tough come to me and fuck me
senseless” he looked at me shocked then burst out laughing.
Nqubeko: “ Oh I love you. You are awesome” i giggled.
Me: “ I love you too. I am here for you anytime you need me” he looked at
me wiggling his eyebrows.
Nqubeko: “ So 08 January is your birthday” i blushed.
Me: “ Yep. I’m turning 24”
Nqubeko: “ Plus you’re getting married on your birthday.” My eyes shot
up.
Nqubeko: “ What? I told you at the hospital that we are getting married on
the 8th” he said in a serious
tone.
Me: “ I thought you were joking” he chuckled. It was great seeing him like
that again. I have been so worried that he won’t be the same again.
Nqubeko: “ Besides; i have to marry you soon. At least dad will still be
here” he sighed. These people were hurting my baby boo.
Me: “ Why is he leaving babe? Make me understand why he’s leaving
you with such responsibility with the plan of giving you everything he
owns.”
Nqubeko: “ He is finally free of Carol. He wants to do what he’s always
wanted to do and that is to relocate to New York. They always spoke
about going there but i guess God had other plans.”
Me: “ Wait; he’s free of Carol? How?” he took off his shoes and t-shirt.
Haibo guys this guy was carved just for me to drool over him. Freakin
sexy and i want to run my tongue all over his body. I heard him clearing
his throat. I looked at him and bit my upper lip. He raised a brow with this
silly boyish smile.
Nqubeko: “ Stop raping me with your eyes and scoot. I want to cuddle” i
blushed as i made space for him to sit. He pulled me to his naked chest
that had my name and Siphe’s name on it 􁛮.
Me: “ So...tell me!” he kissed my forehead and kept quiet for a long time. I
even thought that he was asleep.
Nqubeko: “ Mom and Carol’s mom were friends. They owned a business
together. When her mom died she left strict instructions that mom
handles Carol’s businesses including the money. Mom decided on what
Carol gets. Mom could see that Carol had a wondering eye so she drew
up pages of a “contract” not knowing that she is signing away all her
money to mom or me. So if Carol was to do anything stupid like sleep
with mom’s husband; which she did she will be left penniless. So as we
speak i own everything that was once hers. From her boutiques to her
restaurants. I own all of that. So dad found out and he just wants to take
his daughter somewhere new”
Me: “ Wait so all this time; you not reading the letter you actually had the
power to destroy Carol?” he nodded.
Nqubeko: “ Had i known earlier i would have stopped all the mess that’s
happening now. Why didn’t i do what mom told me Kwazi?” he looked so
sad.
Me: “ It’s not your fault” i kissed his chest and he breathed out loud. I
looked up to him and he was looking down at me. I looked at his dark
grey eyes and he just looked so handsome. I licked my lips and he
bowed his head kissing me. Its been so long since we shared a kiss in
this very bed. One moment we are kissing the next i am on top of him dry
humping him. I was moaning and him groaning until he gently pushed me
back.
Nqubeko: “ You just got home from the hospital. You need to get some
rest” he kissed my nose getting me off him.
Me: “ I need you babe. Please. It’s been so long” i whined causing him to
laugh. He stood up fixing his pants. There was a knock on the door and
he grinned.
Nqubeko: “ Saved by the knock but just to be clear. I am waiting for you
to remove that cast because i plan on fucking you till my dick comes out
of your mouth” i gasped and he chuckled. He wore his t-shirt and pulled
on flops before going to open the door. It was mom and Xoli”
Mom: “ I didn’t know you guys were busy. I could come back later if you
want?”
Nqubeko: “ No mah i was actually going out. You said we are running out
of Nappies and some milk for the house” Xoli just went past him and
came to my bed but she stood next to it.
Mom: “ Yes my boy. That’s all i need for now and butter for baking” he
looked lost before he nodded. I guess he was going to ask wherever he
was going for that butter. As soon as he closed the door Xoli jumped in
bed.
Xoli: “ How are you feeling? Are you okay? You’re not in any pain?” she
was touching me all over. Lifting up my t-shirt.
Me: “I’m okay Xolile. I promise i’m fine”
Mom: “ I have been keeping a close eye on her. Me and Thuli.” She rolled
her eyes causing me to laugh.
Xoli: “ You sure you’re really okay? I am so sorry about what Nqoba did
to you. I am sorry and i hope he doesn’t come back” i gasped in shock.
How can she say that? Nqoba is her fiancé.
Me: “ Hau Xolile how can you say that about your fiancé?”
Xoli: “ No man should do what he did to you. He’s an animal and i will
make sure my baby grows up without him.”
Mom: “ Xolile..” she raised up her hand to silence her but that’s when i
realised that she didn’t know about his condition”
Me: “ He didn’t tell you didn’t he? Where do you think Nqoba is right
now?” she folded her arms looking sideways.
Xoli: “ Obviously in prison” she answered with attitude.
Me: “ actually no. He is at a psychiatric ward” she looked shocked and
her eyes shined with tears immediately.
Xoli: “ What is he doing there? What i wrong with him? Is he crazy?” she
asked with tears rolling down her face.
Me: “ Nqoba has Passive Aggressive Personality and i only found out
because Nqubeko told me. I guess he didn’t want people know about his
condition”
Xoli: “ Will he be okay?” i nearly laughed at that because seconds ago
she didn’t want anything to do with Nqoba but now she is asking if he’ll
be okay.
Me: “ I don’t know. I really don’t know” i said shaking my head.
Mom: “ Well there is some good that came out of this. You are getting
married next week Saturday” she beamed.
Me: “ He told you guys?” they laughed.
Xoli: “ He told us? We are planning the whole thing”
We continued talking and Nqubeko came back. He said he’s going to his
study to do some work. I asked mom for us to move to the lounge area. I
wanted to chill and also bond with my son. As soon as we walked in the
lounge Siphe got excited. He was smiling and very anxious. I took him
and he placed his head on my chest. Aaah i missed him. We had lunch
and i took my meds. After that i fell asleep.
I was woken by mom crying and Nqubeko was shouting. I quickly ran to
the door and got the shock of my life.
Me: “ What the hell are you doing here?” my eyes were all out.
Him: “ I need to talk to you please. It’s important”
Seeing him standing on my door step made me so angry that o wanted to
puke. How could he show his face here; after everything that he said to
me. To us. I understand mom’s anger because he called us bastards
saying that mom’s guts are rotten. Mom went back inside leaving me with
this spineless man.
Me: “ What do you want?” he laughed showing his sparkling white teeth.
If he wasn’t such an ass i would have actually seen that he aged nicely
and he looked so much like Sanele it was actually freaky.
Busani: “ I’m here to see my family. Obviously” he put his hands in his
pockets.
Nqubeko: “ How did you get in here? This is private property” he laughed
again, that evil laugh.
Busani: “ I am the King. They had to open the gate for me” he smirked.
Nqubeko: “ I don’t give a shit who you are. This is MY property and i
suggest you get out of here”
Busani: “ I want to talk to my family” he sounded annoyed.
Me: “ What family Busani? Didn’t you call me and my brother bastards?
After that you called mom a bitch so what family man?” i was shouting
and Nqubeko tried to pull me back inside but i broke free. I wanted him to
explain what he wanted.
Busani: “ Watch how you talk to me. I am still your father” i spat in his
face.
Mom: “ Nokwazi noooo!” she shouted from behind me. I turned and
looked at her.
Me: “ Get him out of here mom. I want him gone. “ i walked back inside
the house and went to the kitchen. I got myself a glass of water. I was
busy pacing up and down. I was really pissed and angry. Nqubeko got in
and he took a seat. He kept quiet and looked at me.
Me: “ He called us bastards you know. He looked at us like we were
some disgusting things. He called us nobodies and now he wants to talk.
Who does he think he is?” he just nodded and looked at me.
Me: “ I mean i understand why mom kept us from him all those years
ago. He didn’t want us. He said she must abort or always be on pill. He
even left her alone to go marry a princess.” He still kept quiet.
Me: “ Mom loved him you know. That’s why she went back to him but he
doesn’t see that. Aaaarrrggg! I am so mad” i screamed. He stood up and
walked to me.
Nqubeko: “ You need to calm down. It’s not good for you baby. You jut got
out of the hospital. You need to rest.” He massaged my shoulders. It felt
really good because my arm was throbbing.
Me: “ I know. Why did he come here? What does he want?”
Nqubeko: “ Well you didn’t give him a chance to say what he wants” i
gave him an ugly look and he chuckled raising up his hands.
Me: “ You think he left? Let me go check” i hurried out the kitchen with
Nqubeko on my heels. I got to the lounge and Simba is sitting down with
mom; having tea. IN MY HOUSE. I stood and looked at them. Mom was
crying and Simba was saying something to her. Suddenly he stood and
knelt in front of her. Haibo.
Me: “ Whoooa Simba wait! Leave my mom alone” i walked to where they
were.
Busani: “ Simba?” mom and Nqubeko laughed.
Me: “ Yes. Lion King” i frowned and went to sit next to mom. She was
laughing through her tears.
Me: “ What did you do to her? Why is she crying?”
Busani: “ I just need a chance to explain. After that i will leave” he
seemed sincere so i looked at Nqubeko and he nodded. He also sat
down and Busani went to take his seat too.
Me: “ This better be good. You have 10 minutes”
Mom: “ Nokwazi Kheswa!” she shouted and i looked at her. I rolled my
eyes. Busani placed 2 fingers on his lips before he spoke.
Busani: “ I never meant to hurt you Londi. I was young and stupid. I never
meant to...”
Me: “ You never meant to fuck her twice and leave her pregnant twice
right?” i interrupted him and Nqubeko chuckled nudging him but Busani
just smiled.
Busani: “ You really are mine. The attitude stinks; just like mine. So as i
was saying before i was rudely interrupted by miss cute here. I was
young and under pressure of succeeding my father. When i met Londi all
i wanted was to be with you but my father wouldn’t allow it. He knew
about the kids but he never told me because he knew i was going to
leave home and come searching for you. When i said all those things at
the hospital i was afraid for you. My father knows that my niece and sister
know about you. He now wants to meet you. I don’t know what his
reasons are but all i want is for you and your brother to be safe” mom
was crying i wanted to slap the emotions out of her.
Me: “ Why are you here?” mom’s eyes shot up and she looked rather
shocked.
Mom: “ Nokwazi please. Could you please stop it?” Nqubeko was silent
and you could see he wanted to burst out in laughter.
Me: “ No mom no. I want to know what the hell is he doing here? Did
Mufasa put you up to this? Did he make you come talk to us before he
dies?”
Busani: “ I understand that you are angry and i would be if i were you but
please try and understand that had no choice. I had to stand by my
parents; my father. He was/is a difficult man”
Me: “ What exactly do you want me to understand? That you suddenly
grew balls? What are we supposed to do now? We’re supposed to
welcome you with open arms? Be a family and have dinner together?
What is it that you want us to do with what you’re saying?” i was now
crying and screaming. Tears and snot. Nqubeko pulled me to him
Busani: “ You don’t have to forgive me but please come and see my
father.”
Me: “ Why? Why should i bother?” i wiped my tears.
Busani: “ He’s dying. He would like to meet you” i stood up and looked at
him.
Me: “ Finish your tea Simba. Go back home and tell you father that i said
No. Tell him i said Rest In Peace” i walked out and went back to my
bedroom. I got in my bedroom and climbed in bed. The door opened and
Nqubeko walked in. He closed the door and locked it. He looked at me
and laughed. He laughed so hard he even had tears falling down his
face. I was really confused as to why was he acting like this.
Nqubeko: “ You are bad ass baby Simba” he laughed again till he felt like
he was running out of air. He then coughed and ran to the bathroom. I
races after him and found him vomiting. I knelt next to him with a glass of
water. He flushed and drank the water. He then looked at me and
laughed again.
Me: “ Arrg you are so juvenile” i stood up and walked to the bedroom.
Nqubeko: “ It’s the circle of life and it moves us all. Through despair and
hope. Through faith and love” he sang that Lion King song and i joined
him laughing.
Nqubeko: “ I’m glad i found you my little Lion” he laughed and then kissed
me.

5 comments: